- Performs information system (IS) development and enhancement in a timely fashion including but not limited to the NAST Advisory Database Management System.
- Meets with IS owner and end-users to discuss IS requirements or issues and brainstorm methods of solving existing problems.
- Writes original code and/or updates existing code, ensuring that all code meets program requirements and smooth user experience.
- Responsible for the detailed design, documentation, unit testing and maintenance of existing IS and/or IS developed.
- Conducts IS owner and end-users training.
- Ensures the best possible performance, quality, and responsiveness of the IS developed.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Strong knowledge of at least one (1) programming language (Java, PHP, C++, and the like).
- Proficient knowledge with Relational Databases and/or SQL.
- Knowledge in MVC frameworks or OOP.
- Knowledge in Mobile Responsive Design
- Knowledge in mobile application development
- Relevant education: Graduate of BS Information Technology, BS Computer Science, or equivalent
- Relevant experience: One (1) year of relevant work experience
- Relevant training: Eight (8) hours of relevant training
- Eligibility: None required
Period of engagement: 16 April – 30 June 2023 (with possible renewal)
The National Academy of Science and Technology invites all interested applicants including persons with disability (PWD), members of indigenous communities, and those of any sexual orientation and gender identities (SOGI) to signify their interest in writing. NAST complies with the Equal Employment Opportunity Policy (EEOP) and that no person with disability shall be denied access to opportunities for suitable employment.
- Submit the following documents to the Finance and Administrative Division, NAST, DOST Compound, Gen. Santos Ave., Bicutan, Taguig City or thru electronic mail (email@example.com):
- Letter of application addressed to Ms. LUNINGNING E. SAMARITA-DOMINGO, Director IV; indicate the position code on the subject of the letter;
- Updated Personal Data Sheet including the Work Experience Sheet (download from website of the Civil Service Commission) with recent 2x2 picture;
- Diploma and Official Transcript of Records, if any;
- Certificate of Training; and
- Certificate of Employment with Actual Duties and Responsibilities.
The deadline for submission of applications is on 14 March 2023.
Only applications with complete documents shall be processed.
DEXTER A. BAUTISTA
Officer-in-Charge, Finance and Administrative Division
Date of Posting: 08 March 2023